Monday, January 16, 2012

The Proposal




Blake here folks! So by request I have decided to post how I proposed to Kenzi. The day was the sixteenth of December and we had just arrived in the great state of Tennessee the day before. Kenzi was under the impression that I wasn't going to propose to her in Tennessee because she felt I was too scared to bring the ring on the plane; So instead I got the ring in Tennessee! Now the town that I'm from, Collierville, has a historic town square with old time shops and a little park in the middle. Always around the Christmas season they will decorate the square with lights and a big Christmas tree to get into the holiday spirit. With the help of my beloved mother, we had arranged where Kenzi and I will go to the square later that night to meet up with my family to look at the lights and to go into the little stores. Little did Kenzi know that more was going to happen that night than simple light gazing but that I would be proposing to her while my family would be hidden taking pictures of the amazing event. So as Kenzi and I walked into the square and into the little park by the Christmas tree there was a present on one of the park benches. I pretended to not know what it was doing there and said that we will sit and wait to meet up with the rest of the crew. As we sat I grabbed the present and put it on her lap and said, "Merry Christmas!". As she unwrapped the present and got to the tiny box that contained the ring I got down on one knee and asked her if she would want to marry me? The highlight of this story is that she said she would as she covered her face with her hands and may or may not have gotten a little teary. 


1 comment:

  1. Kenzi! Your blog and stories are so great!! I love you and Blake to pieces!! :)

    ReplyDelete